Loft Conversions North London
RZ Building Services Ltd offers some of the most affordable, bespoke all in one loft conversions throughout North London and beyond. Get in touch with us today and a member of the RZ Building Services Ltd can come and survey your home and provide you with a no-obligation quote. If you are happy with this quote, our loft conversion builders can get to work on your project straight away, with full completion in as little as eight weeks
.There are many reasons to choose RZ Building Services Ltd as your loft conversion company, but here are a few:
- We offer a bespoke design and build packages to suit your needs
- Intricate modifications added to give your loft the personal touch
- With a 10-year warranty at a fixed price and quick turnaround, you can guarantee a comprehensive service
- Full project management guarantees a hands-on service that takes responsibility for every part of your attic conversion
Loft Conversion Company North London
As you can see, for the very best loft conversions carried out in North London, RZ Building Services Ltd are the leading North London specialist and have a varied range of loft conversions. We can guarantee you will get what you need for your North London home, and as all of our attic conversions come with a 10-year warranty, you will get value for money when you deal with RZ Building Services Ltd.
We have carried loft extensions all across North London. For more information about the range of our services, RZ Building Services Ltd can perform on your property in the North London area, get in touch with us on 0203 916 5630 for a free quotation.
How much does a Loft Conversion cost?
A loft extension costs vary as it is based on many factors, but you can expect a figure that is upwards of £25,000. Size, the type of attic, location and internal specifications are all key considerations. Our team aim to provide you with accurate estimates after assessing the requirements of a project to ensure that our services are within your price range. Quotes from our loft ex specialists are completely FREE and have No-Obligations, so give us a call to discuss your loft conversion project today.
Why are RZ Building Services Ltd the Best Loft Conversion Builders in North London?
We offer a bespoke package and design for your dream loft, and pride ourselves on conversions being built in a matter of weeks. With a price match, 10-year warranty, and amazing customer feedback, we guarantee you will have your ideal loft. Check out our portfolio of work to see what we have done for past customers.
What are the different types of Loft Conversions?
UK homes have four main types of attic conversions. Extending into your attic gives you space that could be used as a guest bedroom, a study or a playroom, which adds expansive floor space and extra value to your property. The cost depends on factors like location and size and could cost between £20,000 to £45,000. Timescale is around 4 to 8 weeks to convert your empty roof space into a loft.
To decide what sort of conversion is best for you, key considerations include the following:
- The shape and line of your current roof
- Your budget
- Your permitted development rights
An architect can work with you to understand how to draw the best plans for your home. But if you need more information to inform your decision, there are three basic types of alterations to your structure:
Dormer Loft Conversion
This is the most popular type of loft conversion. A simple flat roof dormer is a structural extension which projects vertically from the slope of the current roof. This creates a box shape. This loft extension is very popular as no dramatic changes are required, and allows for the installation of conventional windows.
- It adds useful headroom and extra space in a confined attic
- Straight walls and flat ceilings are
- Good light and ventilation
- Cheap option
- Is suitable for most UK homes
- Isn’t always an appealing choice aesthetically
Another variation on a dormer is an L-shaped dormer, which wraps around the side and back of the property. It is a popular choice and works well with mid-terraced properties. A gabled dormer is another popular choice; its traditional inverted “V” shaped roof is a more visually pleasing choice for the front of the property but can be a more expensive option.
Mansard Loft Conversion
A Mansard loft conversion is formed by raising the party wall (the wall you share with your neighbours), and as one outer wall slopes inwards, the roof remains flat. Mansard conversions are usually found at the rear of the property, and are most popular in terraced houses, but they can be found in many types of properties.
- More aesthetically pleasing than a dormer
- Works well with older properties
- More headroom than other types of conversions
- Usually allows more light into your loft
- Planning permission tends to be essential
- Constructing the build can be longer than other types of conversion
- Tends to be more expensive than other conversions
Roof Light Loft Conversion
Can also be known as Velux Loft Conversions due to the popularity of the integrated roof based windows. This is where you don’t alter the existing space, just add in windows and reinforce the floor. This transforms an attic into a comfortable living space.
- Can be 25% cheaper than other conversions
- Better chance of approval in conservation areas
- More storage room if you use your eaves creatively
- Needs a minimum 2.25m of head height in the middle of the room to build up the floor
- Doesn’t open up any more useful space in comparison to other conversions
- Can be limited headroom
- May still require planning permission if windows are located at the front
Hip to Gable Loft Conversion
The best choice for end of terrace and detached homes, becoming very popular with many homeowners and can make a big difference to the feel of your living space.
This type of loft extension straightens an inwardly slanted end roof, making a vertical wall.
- Blends in with the existing home aesthetics seamlessly
- Combined with a rear dormer loft, it can create maximum space
- A great choice for bungalows and chalets
- Not suitable for mid-terrace homes
- Is more expensive than a dormer conversion
We Convert Lofts All Across North London...
Our services are available to customers in all areas of North London, these include;
Barnet | Camden | Enfield | Hackney | Haringey | Islington | Westminster
Would you like a FREE, No-Obligation Quote?
Contact us via the form below and our team will be in touch to discuss your project as soon as possible!